In my writing life, this past year, 2017, was phenomenal. The release of my debut vampire novel, Shadows Within, is a dream come true. I’m thrilled to hold it in my hands, and it’s even more gratifying to me that others are reading and enjoying it.
I looked at my New Year’s post from last year and I want to review it here as well as state some goals for this year.
So last year’s list:
- Revamping the website — not much success here. Still working on it!
- Start a newsletter — Yes! I began The Scrapple, putting out flavorful, monthly content to my growing list of subscribers.
- More active here on the site — Yes!
- More podcasts — Yes! I now release a podcast every month, interviewing authors for their insights on the craft and business of writing.
For this year, I want to…
- Complete the first draft of the second novel in my series, The Shadowless, work on revisions with my critique group, then polish it up with my editor.
- Continue being active in James River Writers and supporting local authors. (The photo above is some of the books I had read this past year, many of which were written by Richmonders.)
- I want to line up book events to help promote Shadows Within. Maybe get some reviews on other sites or printed pages.
- Use my Working Title podcast to focus more on indie-publishing, sharing my experience in order to help other writers who may be on the same path.
- Revamp the website — I really mean it this time!
What do you think? Suggestions and comments welcome!